Monday, February 11, 2008

Arye, Scotland

I headed off for a weekend to Scotland the begining of november. It's only a 30 minute flight from Dublin and it was a birthday present from my friend Katrina. I stayed in a lovely old hotel called the Old Racecourse Inn in Arye. It is a seaside village and would be beautiful in the summer but it was a cold and windy weekend! At least the colors on the trees were incredible.
The people here were very friendly and a family even gave me a ride back to my hotel after a long day of walking. I didn't realize that on sundays after 5pm the buses stop running! It's a quiet town, which was fine by me. I enjoyed the walks through the woods and on the beach. The town's claim to fame is Robbie Burns. He wrote the words to Auld Lang Syne!









Cottage where Robbie Burns was born

The bed where he was born














No comments: